Monday, November 5, 2007

Home for the Holidays

Well, I can at least say now that I really do know what it feels like to be run over by a truck.

If you haven't already heard, I was in a car accident in Zambia two weeks ago and was air-lifted to South Africa for medical help. I've been pretty much out of communication with everyone both in the US and Zambia except immediate family and have just now had a chance to check in to email. Thank you so much to everyone who has attempted to contact me in the past couple of weeks!

I will write a much longer blog entry about this later, but here are the basic details. I was released from the hospital yesterday with multiple pelvic fractures. I'm hobbling about (poorly!) on one leg and working on getting clean from all the medications I've had to take. I'm incredibly thankful to be walking around after such an accident (details will follow later) and I'm trying to just take it easy, which is quite frustrating.

On Wednesday, I will be returning to Colorado for the next couple of months to heal. I'll be staying at my folks' home where they will be waiting on me hand and foot--at least for a few days:) They have moved, so I don't have their contact information on hand. The best way to reach me is through email. Unfortunately, my cell phone was jacked from the site of the accident so all of my contact information is either on that phone or in my hut in Mufumbwe, so don't be alarmed if you haven't heard from me personally.

Thanks to everyone for your prayers and concern and keep me in your thoughts as I make the long trip home in a couple of days.

Lots of love,
Stacey J.

7 comments:

Rich Ruh said...

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

If you stop by to visit M&M, please make sure to say hi!

--Rich

Mike said...

Welcome to the truck club! We'll have to compare stories sometime. We're all thinking about you. I'm so sorry this happened to you. It sounds like things were going so well. It's amazing that you're already hobbling. You're a superhero!

Tammy said...

Wow - Stacey! I'm so glad you're doing well. What a scary experience. Andrea kept me updated. I'm sending happy thoughts your way!

Anonymous said...

I know you don't know me, I am Tamra's mom, but have been praying for you and hope your trip home today went well for you. I have enjoyed seeing pictures of you and Tamra in Solwezi, and feel I have got to know you through your blog and pictures. You are a great trooper and I know all the NWP is missing you. Will keep praying for a speedy recovery. God bless :)

Kari said...

We have been praying for a speedy recovery for you... take care of yourself girlie!! I know the family is happy to have you home for the holidays...

Kari said...

we've been praying for a speedy recovery for you!! I know the family is very happy to have you home for the holidays... even if it is under these circumstances!!

Karly said...

Stacey, many prayers for you. I'm thinking of you, as always. Love, Kar