Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Lacking Time to Blog

My trip to Lusaka was quite a blur and ended in an impromptu trip to visit Luapula, another province in Zambia, with some Peace Corps friends. I returned yesterday to Solwezi, slept for 12 hours last night, and am now procrastinating my way back to the bus station to try and find transport back to Mufumbwe. The next two weeks are huge for me. I have lots of work to do, lots of meetings to attend, and a lot of planning to stress over. I hope to get back with all of you on my wanderings soon (even "soon soon" in Zam slang).

In brief, I had a chance this week to unabashedly sing my little heart out, which my friends were kind enough to allow, play in a beautiful lake that I could almost imagine was the ocean, and spend quality down time with other volunteers. I've been a bit of a gad about so far in my service, but it's great to have the chance to see so much and spend time with so many fabulous people.

My teeth are FIXED and I should not have to deal with the dentist again for a long while. Thank heavens.

I'm still experiencing large swings of homesickness that seems promoted by hanging out with people who are finishing up their service. I think it will be good for me to get back into the village, get my brain occupied with service, and refocus for a few weeks. Had a fabulous mini-break--again!--and now it's back to work. I will try and spend some time writing a blog over the next 14 days and just post it here on my way back through to a training on the 19th.

All of my love with you.

1 comment:

Jeni said...

Hello my friend! Just wanted to say hi and that i'm thinking about you. I hope you're doing well. Love ya!!